- Flexible Seating - Provide students with choices in space and seating within the classroom or throughout the school. (Example)
- Flexible Pacing - Allow students to pace through content based on mastery. (Example or pictures)
- Establish a minimum pace & remediate in small-groups or 1:1 for those who fall behind.
- Encourage students to own tracking their progress toward learning targets
- Choice Days - Use choice boards to allow students to select from a wide range of activities offered in learning centers (Choice Days; Choice Board Templates)
- Genius Hour/20 Time - Provide designated time each week for students to focus on a learning objective of their choosing (Genius Hour or 20 Time in your classroom)
- Choice in Space and Seating [Video + Article] - How to provide student choice in space and seating within your classroom.
- Seven Ways to Include Student Choice [Article] - Summary of several structures for incorporating more choice into your classroom.