- Affirmations - Have students create affirmations to foster a positive learning environment. (Example)
- Peer Feedback - Provide opportunities for students to provide peer feedback. (Example; Additional Strategies)
- Self-Assessment - Provide opportunities for students to assess their own learning and progress. (Example; Additional Strategies)
- Student-Led Conferences - Have students present their learning to their teacher and parents (Examples: MS, HS, and Template)
- Reading Fluency Progress Tracker - Students can track their progress on how many words they read. (Chart)
- Reading Goals Tracker - This is a goal setting tool for reading independently and with a partner (Chart)
Additional Resources and Strategies:
- 5 Strategies for Peer- and Self-Assessment [Article] - Ideas for implementing student assessment with suggested tools
- What is Self-Assessment? [Video] - Defines self-assessment and provides examples for implementing within your classroom.
- What is Peer Assessment? [Video] - Defines peer-assessment and provides examples for implementing within your classroom.